Sunday 30 January 2011

Operation Beastmaker commences and Thank you Berghaus!!!

It seems like yesterday that Greg and I decided to make plans, to take a year out and go pursue our burning desire for bouldering (see Climbing Jargon Buster page for explanation). At some points it seemed like it was never going to happen (well at least for me! Those who know me closely know what I'm talking about...enough said.) but through all the trials and tribulations, here I am packing my bags ready to jump on a boat. I really hope they allow me to sail...I've got so much baggage.

When I arrive in France we need to sort a few things out (get stickers placed on the van) and then we will be heading out. The first ascents will probably be made mid-week.

I would just like to thank Berghaus for donating us 2 of their ,high end, water-proof jackets at the last minute. We really appreciate it and they will help us more than you know.

I would also like to thank our families, friends and anyone that has helped in some way. Your support (and continued support) means alot...look after yourselves.

Every adventure or goal starts with an idea and a step...I'm taking that step today and in the process leaving all my concerns, anxieties and fears behind. Maybe you should too...as Bruce Lee once said, "Be like water my friend...be like water"...


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment