Monday 24 January 2011

I know...I know...and GO COTSWOLD!!!

Operation Beastmaker Update:

It has been awhile since I last posted but Greg and I have been running around like lunatics trying to finalise everything for the trip. The bottom line is 99% of Operation Beastmaker  has commenced. Greg left for France on 16 Jan 2011 with 1 x Van containing all our possessions for the trip. He is currently being forced to landscape his parents extensive chateau using a knife and fork...sorry there. I leave this Sunday 30 Jan 2011 with Operation Beastmaker graphics to be placed on the side of the van. If you see us on the journey then please come over and say Hi. It will be great to meet you!

Cotswold Update:

Cotswold Outdoor, Hedge End, have seriously gone out of their way to help us and we can't thank them enough for their kindness. We have pretty much received £1000 worth of essential gear for around £400! We're going to do our best to make this an unbelievable trip and get some excellent photos and video to show how grateful we are to Cotswold Outdoor for all their efforts. It goes without saying that if you need any outdoor related clothing, equipment etc...they should be your first point of call. Friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to greet you.

Climbing Update:

I can't really say that I have been climbing much of late. Most of the time I've been lying low trying to conserve the rapidly vanishing money...however I can say I completed another one of my long-term indoor projects at Fort Purbrook which was awesome! It was a + 12 month "love affair" but it received the ascension that it deserved.

I also went to the Reading Climbing Wall yesterday with my good friends. To say it was busy would be an understatement! There was some quality route setting and some high calibre climbers crushing the problems. It was nice to see some familiar faces (Stu, Peter and Mark - drop me a line on FB or something) and meet new people (Sofian - if you're reading this you are a monster and should be fined for having guns the size of my thighs).

I'll add some more updates before I go but that's all I have to say for now. Hope everyone is avoiding those injuries and pushing their own boundaries as much as possible.

Speak soon!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment